Hairline lowering surgery, or forehead reduction surgery, is a procedure performed to lower the frontal hairline. Mostly popular among women with receding hairlines and people with genetically large foreheads, the procedure offers numerous benefits, here are some of the top benefits and what to expect with hairline lowering surgery.
- It makes your face look more proportionate – Not everyone has an ideal proportionated face. Some people were born with an exaggerated and high forehead. Hairline lowering surgery can have a significantly positive change on the proportions of your face if you were born with an extremely large forehead.
- Corrects poorly executed brow lift – In very rare cases, poorly executed brow lift results in disproportionately high foreheads. One of the best ways to correct this unfortunate situation is by undergoing a hairline lowering surgery.
- Gives a more youthful appearance – For most people, one inevitable part of aging is hair loss and receding hairlines. High forehead caused by hair loss can make people look older than they really are. Hairline lowering surgery has the ability to restore people’s natural hairline, which creates a more youthful appearance.
- Boost self-confidence and self-esteem – Most often, individuals with an exaggerated, high forehead feel self-conscious about their appearance. They do everything they can to conceal their forehead. The results of hairline lowering surgery can be a huge confidence boost to those who are unhappy with the way their forehead looks.
What to expect
The following are the steps involved in hairline lowering surgery.
- Consultation – During the consultation, you can discuss your concerns, goals, and expectations. Your surgeon will evaluate your forehead and scalp laxity, review your medical history, and design a personalized treatment plan with your goals in mind. During the consultation, make sure to ask a lot of questions and ask for before and after photos. This will help you determine what you can expect after the surgery.
- Checking your forehead skin flexibility – Although the surgeon will do it for you, you can check your forehead skin flexibility by yourself. Try to gently pull on your scalp near your hairline to see if it moves forward (not stuck in place). Scalp laxity is important as it increases the success of the procedure. However, if your forehead skin is not flexible, your surgeon may use a tissue expander.
- Preparation – Your surgeon will give you detailed instructions to prepare for the surgery. You usually need to stop smoking and avoid certain medications a couple of weeks prior to the surgery.
- The surgery – Hairline lowering surgery takes around an hour to complete. During the surgery, you will be given a local anesthetic to numb the area. Since it is an outpatient procedure, you should be able to leave the hospital on the same day. Your new hairline will mimic your natural hairline to make it look as natural as possible.
- Recovery – Hairline lowering surgery has a relatively short recovery time. Many people do not experience significant swelling and bruising, and they can resume some light activities very quickly.
To get the best results of hairline lowering surgery, the procedure needs to be performed by a skilled surgeon with proven track records. We understand that finding one can be difficult. Therefore, our advice to find the best surgeon is to head to MyMediTravel and request a free quote! The team will be more than happy to help you find the right surgeon in any part of the world.