Ultherapy is a non-surgical alternative to facelift surgery. Currently, it is the only least invasive method approved by the FDA to tighten your loose skin. In this method, a focused ultrasound beam is used to boost collagen production in the deeper layers of your skin. Collagen is a natural protein which has different types. It gives firmness and tightness to your skin. As we grow old, this protein loses its strength and firmness and show laxity. This procedure gives its strength back.
Facelift leaves scars and has other associated risks such as nerve damage, clot formation, etc. However, its results are more obvious. Ultherapy requires plenty of time to make its effects visible. Also, more sessions are needed to maintain its effects. It strengthens loose skin of your face and neck and nullifies the effects of aging on your face. It has an advantage that there is no downtime for it. You can apply makeup immediately after the procedure. This procedure needs to be repeated every 6 months or a year.
Ultherapy tightens and strengthens your loose skin without giving incisions and stitches. Instead, a focused ultrasound beam is used to lift your skin. Before going through the therapy, you have lower eyebrow line, droopy lower eyelid, flat saggy cheeks and loose skin of the neck. After Ultherapy, your skin looks glowing and rejuvenated, cheeks look healthy and plumped and eyelids look lifted.
The procedure begins with cleaning your skin with an alcohol swab to kill any germs present at the spot. A specialized gel is applied on to your skin. The focused ultrasound beam is used to produce thermal effects in the deeper layers of skin. The device is pressed firmly on to the skin of areas which needs strengthening. This induces new collagen production in these layers and gives firmness to the previous one. Ultrasound rays are applied over the areas including face and neck, where skin tightening is intended. Time of procedure varies with the areas which are to be treated. It produces thermal effects which can be the cause of discomfort during the process. It lasts for a small period of time when the energy is being delivered into skin layers. This slight discomfort is a sign that the collagen-boosting process has been started.
Length of Stay in Destination
This procedure takes 1 to 1.5 hours or more depending upon the dimensions of the area which is being treated. It is an outpatient procedure. You can leave for home on the same day after the treatment. However, you should plan to stay in the country for at least 10 days after your Procedure, this will allow for the initial recovery and follow-up check-ups and etc. Slight swelling and discomfort are normal. However, if it aggravates, there might be something wrong. Your health conditions are monitored during this duration.
As there is no downtime, you need not take any day off from work. You can get back to work immediately after the therapy. Minimal bruising is reported at the sites of Ultherapy where bones are present. This discomfort is for a small period of time. There might be tenderness and swelling in your skin which can last for one month after the procedure. 3 to 6 months are required for the results to become evident. A person continues to age, no process or treatment can stop aging. Therefore, the effects of Ultherapy subsides after a few years. Maintenance is needed. Touch up treatments help to maintain its effects.
After going through Ultherapy, take care of the following points to look after you:
- Avoid contact with direct sunlight for 2 to 3 months after this therapy. At the first place do not go outside in day time. If it is necessary, wear a strong sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful rays of light.
- Do not apply any product on your skin which can cause allergy or irritation.
- Use icepacks to ease you from itching and swelling. They are very effective in reducing redness.
- Do not massage and rub your skin for at least 1 to 2 weeks. It can aggravate redness and irritation in your skin.
- Cover yourself properly when going out after the procedure.
- Moisturize your skin twice or thrice a day. Use a moisturizer prescribed by your doctor.
This therapy is almost always successful. Results vary and their time of appearance vary. Some people show more positive results while others show a moderate difference in their physical appearance. But it works on all. According to a study, 95% satisfaction is reported by the patients after one year of the therapy. 65% of the patients reported improvement in their skin quality after 2 to 8 months. While 67% seemed very satisfied with the results after 3 months only. Its success depends upon your genes and other factors too.
Alternatives to an Ultherapy (Wrinkle Treatment) Procedure
The following are some alternatives to Ultherapy:
- ThermiRF: this utilizes radiofrequency waves to stimulate your skin for collagen and elastin production. Heat production can be managed in this procedure. This is applicable on the face, neck, upper arms, thighs and abdomen. It returns youthfulness to your skin.
- Microcurrent facelift: this involves electrical stimulation of your tissues, skin, and muscles to increase their tone and impart a rejuvenating effect. Also, electrical current boosts collagen production and increases blood circulation in your body. It shows immediate results which can last for 48 hours only. You can opt for it for special events.
- Dermal fillers: also known as a liquid facelift, dermal fillers such as Sculptra, Juvederm, and Restylane are injected into your skin to give your facial features a lift. It treats wrinkles and aging lines on your skin. Each dermal filler works differently in different parts of your body.
- Laser facelift: laser light is used to stimulate inner layers of your skin to boost collagen production. This requires 30 minutes with no downtime.
All the techniques mentioned above are minimally invasive with almost no downtime, pain and incisions.
Overall, you look younger than your actual age. But its effects last for only 12 to 15 months after which you will need more sessions.
For an in-depth analysis of Ultherapy (Wrinkle Treatment), watch this short video
To check prices or to book an Ultherapy (Wrinkle Treatment) Procedure in Thailand or anywhere else in the world, head on over to MyMediTravel now!