Terms you should know:
- Labia Minora – also known as vaginal lips, two flaps of skin on either side of the vaginal opening in the vulva
- Vulva – the outer part of the female genitals
- Labia majora – the larger outer folds of the vulva
- Labiaplasty – a procedure that reduces the length of the labia minora
- Designer Vagina – nickname given to the procedure, especially popular amongst the British press
Facts about Labiaplasty
In this procedure, the labia minora is shortened so that it does not hang below the hair-bearing labia majora. The asymmetry is reduced when one is not longer than the other. Patients who experience twisting and tugging of the labia are able to find relief through this procedure.
Based on research done by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), the number of labiaplasty procedures increased by 23% from 2015 to 2016. Many sought to undergo this procedure, especially athletes, who complain of rubbing against their clothes while running or cycling. Some undergo this as they feel self-conscious in tight-fitting clothes.
Click for more information about Labiaplasty procedures in Thailand.