Invitro fertilisation also known as IVF is a procedure whereby the egg is removed from the ovaries and fertilized by a sperm in a dish under lab conditions. After fertilisation, an embryo is formed which is then re-implanted into the uterus.
IVF can be used to treat:
- Women with blocked/damaged fallopian tubes
- Male infertility
- Women with ovulation disorders
- Women with their fallopian tubes removed
- Unexplained infertility
- Administer fertility medication daily to increase production of more mature eggs
- A minor surgery is done to retrieve the eggs
- Sample of sperm taken from the male
- Insemination takes place where the sperm and eggs are mixed together in a dish for fertilisation
- Embryos (fertilized eggs) are formed
- After 3-5 days, the embryos are re-implanted into the female’s uterus
- Mild cramping
- Mild bloatness
- Breast tenderness
At MyMeditravel, we have shortlisted a couple of hospitals in Malaysia that specialise in IVF:
1. Sunfert International Fertility Centre
Founded in 2009, Sunfert is a one-stop fertility center located in Selangor. Prices of an IVF procedure is estimated to be between $5,952 and $8,768. Click here for more information on In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF).
2. Fertility Associates
Established in 1987, Fertility Associates aims to provide full support for their patients throughout their journey of fertility treatment. Prices for an IVF procedure starts from $4,448. Click here for more information on In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF).