Before you undergo butt lift surgery, you may have loose, saggy, and droopy buttocks making you look and feel older than your age. This surgery gives you more rounded and toned buttocks, your body contour is reshaped and you look younger than your age.
The Butt lift is a surgical procedure to remove unwanted fat or loose skin from the buttocks in order to help reshape them. Implants and Liposuction are often involved and incisions using a cannula can be applied to the crease of the buttocks so there is no visibility of scarring. Butt Lifts are common among those who have lost lots of weight and consequently, the shape of their buttocks has changed. It may be performed as part of a Tummy Tuck (belt lipectomy) or lower body lift to contour the buttocks, groin, thighs, and abdomen. (Another option is to have a Brazilian Butt Lift)
A buttock lift alone won’t add any volume to the buttocks. But sometimes, a buttock lift is combined with an augmentation procedure to alter the shape or size of the buttocks with implants or fat grafts. By removing excess skin and fat from your buttocks, a buttock lift can give you a more toned appearance.
Butt lifts work by removing excess skin and adipose tissue from the site and repositioning the leftover skin and adipocytes. Redistribution of fat and skin changes the contour of your buttocks, making them no longer appear saggy and droopy. Also, it should not be confused with Brazilian Butt Lift which is an entirely different procedure.
Not everyone is a good candidate for butt lift surgery. Discuss your medical history with MyMediTravel, any prescription drugs you are taking, the desired results you hope for, the pros and cons of the surgery, cost, recovery time, risks, success rate, or any other query which comes in your mind regarding this procedure.
You might consider a buttock lift if you:
- Have lost a significant amount of weight and your weight has been stable for at least 6 to 12 months.
- Are overweight and haven’t been able to lose a significant amount of weight through physical activity and changes in your diet.
- Have a normal weight, but want a dramatic improvement in the appearance of your lower body.
- Have a normal weight, but your skin won’t contract after liposuction due to poor elasticity related to aging.
This is an outpatient procedure carried out under general anesthesia. An incision is applied along your lower back from one butt to the other. The excessive skin and adipose tissue are removed through this incision lifting your butts up. The rest of the fat is redistributed and the skin is tightened. Incisions are stitched and surgical tapes are used to provide additional support. Bandages are applied to the wound. Drainage tubes are inserted to remove excess fluid and blood.
Length of Stay in Destination
It is a 2-5 hours long surgery and will require at least 1-2 nights stay in the hospital, although in some cases you can be discharged on the same day. Even after being discharged, you have to stay in the country for at least 10-14 days for follow-ups. During this period, your health is strictly monitored, you are given medicines to help you with pain and to prevent infections. Stitches are removed after 7-10 days. If everything is fine during this time, you are free to travel home.
In total, 4-6 weeks of recovery time is required before getting back to your normal routine, so avoid excessive and unnecessary activities during this period. There will be bruising and swelling around the operated area which subsides gradually after a few days. You can start office work 10 days after post-op if it does not require long periods of sitting time – if it does, just be sure to move around as much as possible.
The recovery time can vary according to your health, environment, and daily routine. You can start driving after 4-6 weeks but do not travel long distances as it will require you to sit for too long. Scars take much longer to fade away. In 4-6 months, you should expect to have fully recovered.
It is a long-lasting procedure that does not need revisions. An ideal weight should be maintained to keep the results of your surgery consistent. It is found to be far more successful than the Brazilian butt lift surgery, which has lead to patient deaths – unlike the Butt Lift surgery, which has not recorded any fatalities. The vast majority of patients are extremely happy with not only the results of the procedure but with the entire process leading up to and following the surgery.
The following are some points which should be considered for your aftercare:
- Quit smoking and drinking because tobacco and alcohol slow down blood circulation hence slowing down your recovery.
- Avoid sitting for long periods for at least a week after the procedure.
- Avoid such positions which can put a strain on your scars. It can re-open your wound.
- Change your dressing regularly to avoid infection.
- Take prescribed pain killers and antibiotics to relieve pain and prevent infection.
- Wear some supporting garments for the early few weeks.
- Use scar cream to massage your scars. It will speed up their fading.
- Do not lift children and heavy objects.
- Avoid climbing up the stairs.
- Avoid exercise, gym, swimming, and other strenuous activities for several weeks.
- Abstain from sexual activity until allowed by your doctor.
- Start taking small steps the next day after going through the surgery to prevent blood clot formation.
Alternatives to a Butt Lift Procedure
The operation should never be the foremost option and consider all other options first. Following are some non-surgical alternatives to butt lift surgery:
- Fillers: these are getting a lot of fame these days. Fillers such as Restylane, Sculptra, etc. are injected into your buttocks, making them look plump and lifted without surgery. They induce collagen production in your buttocks. Sculptra is found to be most effective for this purpose. It is advantageous as it has no downtime.
- Hydrogel buttock shots: hydrogel injections give your butt a rounded contour along with a lift. But they are not usually recommended.
- Liposuction: in this method, adipocytes are removed from your butts through injections to give them a more toned appearance. This fat can be injected at other places of your body if required.
- Exercise: some exercises, such as squats will help to change the shape of your butts, tighten them, and lift them up without surgery.
To check prices or to book a Butt Lift Procedure in Thailand or anywhere else in the world, head on over to MyMediTravel now!