The Brazilian Butt Lift is a specialized fat transfer procedure that augments the size and shape of the buttocks without implants (with implants is the more traditional Butt-Lift procedure). A plastic surgeon first performs liposuction to remove fat from other areas of the body (often the stomach, hips or thighs). These fat cells are then cleansed before being injected that into the buttocks at different depths for a more natural look and feel.
Also known as the Gluteoplasty, this plastic surgery procedure allows for perfectly shaped and round buttocks. It is most common among women, as plump and well-toned buttocks can vastly complement the physical appearance. Different fat transferring techniques are used to transfer adipocytes in your buttocks to give them a fuller appearance. A specialized surgeon removes excess fat cells from certain fat-rich areas of your body and injects them into your buttocks to augment them. It has a double advantage, as the donor site loses fat and becomes thin whereas the recipient site becomes plump. Aging and genetics can be the cause of flat butts.
Remember! Not everyone is a good candidate for this procedure. A number of factors should be considered before going for the surgery. Share your medical history with your potential surgeon and discuss your desired results, cost, risks, success rate, recovery time, aftercare, pros and cons of the surgery with the surgeon and then go for it.
The procedure begins with applying general anesthesia along with intravenous sedation. After this, the surgeon marks the places which need to be augmented with the surgical marker. Points are marked along which the fat is to be injected into your buttocks. Fat is obtained from the abdomen and flanks. The donor site is sterilized and the excessive fat is removed through liposuction. A cannula is inserted through small incisions and fat cells are collected in a specialized container. This fat is purified before injecting into the recipient site. The excessive fluid is removed from it and sterilization reduces the chances of infection. Small Incisions of diameter 2-3mm are applied on your buttocks through which fat cells are injected. These incisions are given along creases or at places where they are least visible. After the procedure is completed, sutures are used to close the incisions and steritape is applied to the wounds.
Length of Stay in Destination
It is generally an outpatient procedure and takes 1-2 hours, after which you can either be discharged on the same day or an overnight stay in the hospital is usually advised, depending upon your physical state. Your health conditions are monitored and you are allowed to leave if everything is fine. Still, you will have to stay in the Country for at least 14 days for follow up checks. During this period you are kept under observation, stitches are removed after and you’re allowed to travel home.
After this operation, you are not allowed to sit or lie with your whole weight on your buttocks for at least 2 weeks. You’ll experience moderate pain during the recovery period which is controlled through painkillers. There is inflammation and bruising around the operated area, but this swelling subsides gradually in a few days. Do not drive for at least 6-8 weeks as it requires you to sit for a longer period of time. Normal activities associated with sitting and lying can be restarted after 8 weeks. You can start your norman routine after 10 to 14 days. A total of 6 months are needed for the complete results to show up.
After the initial healing, you may want to sit on a special pillow, which puts the pressure on your thighs rather than your butt.
When performed by a qualified, experienced board-certified plastic surgeon, a Brazilian butt lift has a high success rate. To be successful, a fat graft needs nutrition and so has to be injected into tissue that has a blood supply. Fat can survive if injected into other fat, but up to 90% of it can be absorbed if it is. Fat has more chance of staying in place if it is inserted into muscle – but this is where the risk lies. Injecting fat into the buttock can easily lead to serious problems if done incorrectly. These include a fat embolism when fat enters the bloodstream and blocks a blood vessel.
According to a study by Mayo Clinic, 1/3,000 people who went through this surgery died – although these odds are tiny, it still represents the highest risk among the popular plastic surgeries. Still, Brazilian butt lift surgery is on increase due to an increasing craze for big buttocks. Always opt for an experienced and certified surgeon to avoid any complications.
Following are some points which should be considered to look after yourself after being discharged from the hospital:
- Do not take a bath for at least 48 hours after the surgery. It increases the chances of infection.
- Wear special garments which keep your butt lifted.
- Start walking a little the very next day after your surgery to avoid embolism.
- Do not sit or lie on your back for at least 2 weeks. Sleep on your side or abdomen.
- Do not bend or climb up the stairs.
- Avoid strenuous activities such as the gym, running, swimming, etc. because they might put stress on your stitches, opening them up before the due time.
- Do not lift your children or any other heavy object.
- Avoid smoking and drinking a few weeks before and after the surgery, as tobacco and alcohol slow down the natural healing process.
- Abstain from sexual activity until allowed by your doctor.
Alternatives to Brazilian Butt Lift
Some non-surgical alternatives are also available to Brazilian butt lift surgery. Surgery should never be the only option:
- Sculptra Aesthetic: it is a filler best known for butt lifting. It is injected into the butts where it stimulates collagen production and improves the elasticity of the area. Increased collagen increases the size and gives a rounded contour to your buttocks. 2-3 sessions are needed for best results. It is a quick treatment with almost no downtime.
- Thermage: radiofrequency waves are used in this technique. These waves heat up the skin and underlying tissue boosting collagen production. As a result, your butts look lifted and toned.
- Exercises: some exercises are found to be effective in contouring your buttocks and increasing the muscle mass, particularly squats.
For an in-depth analysis of the Brazilian Butt Lift, watch this short video [WARNING, GRAPHIC CONTENT].
Before and After Brazilian Butt Lift
Before going through a Brazilian butt lift surgery, you may have flat, droopy or even sagging buttocks, which greatly reduces your physical appearance. After you undergo this surgery, you will achieve your desired shape. Your butts look lifted, plump, rounded and toned. Results of this surgery last for years without any revision. It returns your youthfulness and beauty in a few months.
To check prices or to book a Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure in Thailand or anywhere else in the world, head on over to MyMediTravel now!