Also known as Clear-Aligner Treatment. This is the clear alternative to conventional dental braces used to adjust and straighten teeth, whilst simultaneously improving the patients smile. Through the use of virtually invisible and removable custom-made smooth plastic aligners, dentists are able to place the Invisalign over the teeth allowing for a gradual shift.
Invisalign manufacture the most well known of these clear aligners – the product comprises of a series of computer-generated aligners that are tailor-made to the patient’s teeth. By changing aligners every two to three weeks, the patient’s teeth will gradually move into the correct alignment. The aligners are easy to take off throughout the treatment, allowing the patient to brush and clean their teeth and eat as per normal. Compared to traditional braces, there are no metal brackets and they’re almost invisible to the eye.
This process can help to correct Spacing, Crossbite, Open Bite, Crowding, Excessive Overjet, and Deep Bite.
Invisalign has become a very popular alternative to metal brackets. Unlike metal braces that stay cemented onto your teeth for a long period of time. Invisalign are a series of detachable clear plastic aligners that guide your teeth into its proper position and alignment. Other advantages of the use of Invisalign are:
- Comfort – since it is made of thin and flexible plastic, it will not irritate the soft tissues in your mouth unlike metal braces and its metal wires.
- Better oral hygiene and Greater Dietary choices – At any stage of the treatment you can remove the aligners to allow yourself to eat and also to Brush your teeth at least twice daily.
- Discreet look – Invisalign is an invisible plastic material that will go unnoticed on your teeth once you use it.
- Teeth-Grinding Protection – it can also function as a night guard that can protect your teeth from excessive grinding and clenching habits.
One important thing to know is that, although Invisalign is one alternative option to traditional braces, it is not for everyone. A clear aligner is usually used on patients who have moderately crowded teeth or have minor spacing issues on their teeth. Furthermore, because it is custom-built to be a tight fit, it is best used for adults or teens. Patients who have more serious spacing problems and crowded teeth, including patients who have severe overbites, under-bites or cross-bites will require a more intricate treatment.
Before your treatment, you will need to consult your orthodontist first. During your scheduled consultation, you will undergo a series of tests including x-rays, digital scans of your teeth or photographs to determine your diagnosis and plan your treatment procedure. The end-goal is for you to have a healthy bite, your top and bottom teeth must be proportioned properly.
Once all tests have been made, the specialized computer software will be used to design a plan on how your teeth will be moved from their current position to their best position possible. Invisalign are generated using a computer to make aligners especially designed for you and are clear colored. Your aligners will be changed every 2 to 3 weeks, which will allow your teeth to move into alignment. You will also be required to use it for twenty to twenty-two hours a day. Since Invisalign is non-surgical, anesthesia is not a requirement during the whole procedure.
Length of Stay in Destination
Since this is a non-invasive procedure, you may return to your holiday immediately after you have received your first set of clear aligners. However, strict compliance with your scheduled appointments with your orthodontist is essential. You will be required to see the dentist a few times during your stay so you should be aiming to stay in the Country for as long as possible, with 2 weeks being the absolute minimum.
The number of clear aligners you will be using will depend on the complexity of your treatment plan. During your first stage of aligners, expect some discomfort in the first few days while your teeth are still adjusting. You may return back to your daily routine right after your first treatment plan procedure.
Your treatment time will also be based on how much your teeth need to be properly aligned. Typically, patients are required to use Invisalign from ten to twenty-four months.
You should avoid hot drinks while wearing the Invisalign since it is made from clear plastic, it can be deformed by hot liquids, any flavored drink, any drink that contains sugar and/or acidic can form cavities and/or stain the Invisalign.
It’s best that you remove your aligners each time you eat, plaque and food particles can get trapped in your aligners. This will lead to the formation of cavities and bad breath, so it is very important that you brush your teeth after every meal.
It is very important to know that achieving a perfect smile will depend on your determination. Since Invisalign can be removed anytime, your treatment’s success will rely heavily on how frequent you will use the clear aligners.
Over 96% of patients who have undergone an Invisalign treatment have been recorded to have achieved such positive results over their one-year treatment period.
Possible risks and side effects of Invisalign are:
- Bad breath – make sure your aligners are kept clean.
- Discomfort – could irritate lips, gums, and tongue.
- Biting – some patients have instances where they often bite the inside of their cheek as their treatment progresses, however, this will reduce over time.
Alternatives to an Invisalign Procedure
While Invisalign is a great alternative to straighten your teeth and to have that perfect smile you are aiming for, some people may not be able to afford the treatment. Good news is that there is an alternative to clear aligners, such as Clear Correct – this also makes use of clear plastic aligners to straighten your teeth. Total cost for this type of aligner is usually cheaper than Invisalign. However, Invisalign uses top-notch planning software to determine your treatment plan, making it much easier to attain a successful result.
Invisalign v’s Conventional Braces
- Invisalign can be worn with more confidence due to the difficulty in seeing them.
- Invisalign feel more comfortable, with braces irritating and sometimes even chafing the inside of the mouth.
- Invisalign is perfect for athletes, who are able to remove them during sport.
- Braces are semi-permanent, whereas Invisalign can be removed at any time, so fewer trips to the dentist are required when compared to Invisalign.
- Braces are quicker to close gaps or straighten teeth.
- Braces can make some foods difficult to eat, whereas, with Invisalign, they can be removed whilst eating tricky meals.
Additional factors to consider:
1. Invisalign can hurt in the early phases. Generally, the pain is less than with traditional braces, and like any dental treatment, the pain fades after the teeth adjust to wearing the aligners.
2. Invisalign Braces are more expensive than traditional braces and the deciding factor normally is how long will you be wearing them and with any procedure, be sure to ask questions before any work is
For an in-depth analysis of the pros and cons of Invisalign Braces, watch this short video.
To check prices or to book an Invisalign Procedure in Thailand or anywhere else in the world, head on over to MyMediTravel now!